[nycbug-talk] open source conference

G. Rosamond george
Fri Jan 23 19:55:24 EST 2004

we are meeting tomorrow at noon at 211 e 5th street at the three jewels
internet cafe in manhattan with a range of open source user groups in
nyc to discuss organizing an open source conference for next year.

with no linuxexpo or macworld, there is a huge vacuum that we could
fill.

nils and klaus from linuxtag are instrumental in their advice on this,
as they have organized *the* open source european event.

it would be good if some people from nycbug joined michael and myself in
being there.

i know it's last minute, but i think it's also clear that we have a lot
to offer organizationally.

included groups are the various linux groups, new york php, mac unix
users (i hope, since they're *very* cool), ny lisp, etc.