[nycbug-talk] www revision

G. Rosamond george
Sun Jan 25 17:22:14 EST 2004

->As far as recognition goes, simpler is actually more

<big large snip>

->and aren't much more than type treatments.

*that's* convincing to me. . .in total agreement jeff. . .although what
ike said about having a 4c logo that could print nicely b/w is also
something to note. . .

->While I'm at it I'd also advise staying away from the
->"representational". It often makes things look cheesy, and
->again limits
->your options for future growth. No offense to the guy that
->suggested an
->apple, but what if NYLUG, NYPHP, and any other NYC based user
->group all
->independently decided to put LUG, PHP, etc. inside of apples and all
->showed up a LinuxWorld next year?

well. .. those groups haven't.  and we already started with that
approach.  i think that the apple issue is only important in relation to
APPLE and our osx relations. . .stabbing it isn't a nice point.

why don't people just start shooting out some markups?

->As an aside, can we get the From of this list set to
->talk at lists.nycbug.org and not whomever posted? I just sent
->george at sddi.net this message.

didn't get a message from you about this. . .but i follow jan's comment.