[nycbug-talk] reply-munging (was: www revision)

Scott Robbins scottro
Mon Jan 26 14:33:49 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 10:17:54AM -0500, Trish Lynch wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Jan Schaumann wrote:
>
> > > As an aside, can we get the From of this list set to
> > > talk at lists.nycbug.org and not whomever posted? I just sent
> > > george at sddi.net this message.
> >
> > Please don't.  Google for ``reply-to munging''.
> >

> Lets *not* get into this. This is a strictly religious argument on the
> level of vi vs. emacs.

Agreed, a religious war.  :)

When the Gentoo lists went over to this, there was a great deal of
debate about it, and it kept coming up. Therefore, (modest cough) I
submitted a possible faq question and answer about it (very neutral in
tone, simply explaining the reasons) that is now part of their faq and
can be viewed at

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/faq.xml#doc_chap8_sect4

--

Scott

GPG KeyID EB3467D6
( 1B848 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2  A409 FA54 D575 EB34 67D6)

Ford: I wanna be like you...A vampire.
Spike: I've known you for two minutes and I can't stand you. I
don't really feature you living forever. Can I eat him now love?