[nycbug-talk] Possible topics for future meetings

Jan Schaumann jschauma
Mon Jan 26 14:58:22 EST 2004

David Solomonoff <dsolomon at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> A presentation on encrypted and steganographic filesystems
> for BSD would be good. This feature is especially important
> for people who are carrying data around on portable media.

Yes, that would be a good topic.  NetBSD has the Cryptographic Disk
Driver (cgd), and the developer who wrote it happens to be a NYC local.
Maybe we can entice him to give a presentation by promising him beer.

http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-cgd.html

I'm using cgd to encrypt my lapdog's home and swap, and it works quite
nicely.

-Jan

--
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.