[nycbug-talk] Possible topics for future meetings

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Mon Jan 26 21:25:01 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:31:51 -0500
"G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:

> ditto. . .
>
> there's a number of people in nycbug who are focused on individual
> servers or desktops, and that's great.
>
> but the true strength of bsd is in the 'plant' environment.
>
> think of yahoo, or the backrooms of large investment banking firms:
> it's these places where cvsup, stability, etc, really shine.
>
> marc, did you have someone in mind for this talk?  could we pull
> someone from yahoo!???

I know no one at yahoo.  But with that said I could do a bit on how trivial it is to build a scripted build tool/environment and how to use
the tools available to set up a custom local package server.  I could even write a gui configuration manager to drive the process.

All the tools are there, mostly.  And since we meet early in the month I could do it for April, possibly March.

marc

ps Could we please stop top posting as it makes it hard to follow the thread.