[nycbug-talk] list volume, starting web-forums and other lists

Wes Sonnenreich wes
Tue Jan 27 15:33:24 EST 2004

>> It would also be nice to start segmenting general talk discussions into:

> I think that this would be a bad idea at the present time, the volume is
> still low enough that the exposure to other sub groups is good.  My
> personal threshold is around 150-200 messages/day before it becomes an
> issue for me.  After all everything goes in a folder and you do not have
> to read it.

I'm thinking 3 mailing lists:
announce (corresponding to the NYCBUG forum category)
talk (corresponding to the *BSD Technical)
help (corresponding to the *BSD Help)

I think we can handle those three at the moment, which corresponds to your
thoughts.

> We can always add more.  And do we really want the linux groups there?

Yes, because openlysecure is an open source site. Our lists won't be
connected to the linux forums, don't worry...