[nycbug-talk] RE: Greetings from Apple - LinuxWorld

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jan 28 07:17:57 EST 2004

Word G,

On Jan 28, 2004, at 6:33 AM, G. Rosamond wrote:
> ->Anyone replying to the above message: please be very discreet and
> ->careful with what you say and to whom.  It wouldn't help to go
> ->flaming off in some direction and have that CC'd to Apple...
>
> thanks dan . . .
>
> how does everyone feel about the way i dealt?
>
> i think i represented the attitude of the group.
>
> it's a general question we should have more discussion about though.

While I thought your response was sharp, I believe it was perfectly
appropriate and clearly communicated things that the Apple
Sales-Marketing teams are grappling with right now; they are obviously
very green with Open Source.

I would also throw out that it may be in their best interest for them
to attend some NYCBUG meetings first, so they can begin to listen and
understand what's going on, to gain some contextual understanding in
order to be able to formulate a meaningful exchange in the future...(?)

Rocket-
.ike