[nycbug-talk] re : Linking BUG's chat list

G.Rosamond george
Thu Jul 1 00:56:47 EDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 12:49 AM, Matador wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a late night thought, for what its worth.
>
> Should we in any way, link the gtabug mailing list to nycbug list and
> vice versa ?
>
> Just on my own, I can have posts from each, go to each.  But I
> wouldn't want to do anything without approval.
>
> I think more eyes reading questions, news, etc.. may be beneficial for
> both parties.

Sure, there would be benefits, and some of us met a number of Toronto
BSDer's at BSDCan.  But I don't think it would be useful in the current
format. . .NYCBUG talk is a local mailing list with some remote
members.  A forum would be more appropriate. . .maybe one just focused
on newbie questions.  The BUG lists aren't just about technical issues,
but also deal with local issues.

I'd be curious to see what others think. . .but it seems to me quite
clear that a NYCBUG and a GTABUG list have diffferent audiences due to
geography.  Nevertheless, we should look to coordinate other
appropriate activities, such as the documentation project, book
reviews, etc.