[nycbug-talk] brief USENIX report

Jesse Callaway jesse
Thu Jul 1 14:10:37 EDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 11:07 AM, G.Rosamond wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2004, at 8:27 AM, Trish Lynch wrote:

>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, G.Rosamond wrote:

SNIP

>>> Everyone who has an iBook or a PowerBook now has a Daemon sticker. .
>>> .of course.
>>>
>>> Jesse spent some quality time with Daryl, a NetBSD developer, trying
>>> dual boot his OSX PowerBook with NetBSD, and is just caught up with
>>> keyboard issues.
>>>

>> I wonder if they can help me boot NetBSD on my air purifier...
>>

> Jesse should be putting together some documentation on the NetBSD dual
> boot on his PowerBook.
>
> Right Jesse?

Darren was the NetBSD guy who was helping me out.  Darryl gave me the
ride. On MY powerbook, sure. I'm going to give hacking the apple
keyboard code a try.... and hopefully I'll learn something. If a
miracle happens I'll have the first PBG4 running NetBSD as thread #1.
I'm kinda comfortable with OpenFirmware 3, but would like to confab
with Ike and Bob to get the meat and potatoEs.