[nycbug-talk] USENIX Guru Session on SysAdministration

Pete Wright pete
Thu Jul 1 17:59:53 EDT 2004

G.Rosamond wrote:

> Some brief notes. . .if anyone wants to discuss further, I can provide
> some details. . .
>
> sudo and rights of admins
>
> use of CVS for server management
>
> project management
>
> documentation
>
> communication issues in general and within projects
>
> Wiki versus other pkgs for project management online
>
> cf engine
>
> ms share project (?)
>
> help desk issues with tickets, relations with users, user service
> first and technology second
>     user surveys: only getting answers to questions you ask. . .
>
> dealing with personalities, politics, etc.
>
> socializing scenarios
>
> inter-departmental meetings of techs

i'm pretty interested in all topics altho i'd love to hear more on cf
engine and using cvs for server management.  i've actually got a good
book on both topics (can't remember the title now), but would love to
hear how others are using this stuff.

-pete

--
~~~oO00Oo~~~