[nycbug-talk] Time Warner Cable??

G.Rosamond george
Thu Jul 15 20:16:34 EDT 2004

On Jul 15, 2004, at 4:08 PM, jromero at romero3000.com wrote:

> Speakeasy DSL 6mbps/768k is $99 a month& 1.5mbps/768k is $79. Comes
> with
> 4 static IPs. If anybody is interested in ordering let me know. I'm a
> reseller ;)

I have had DSL for many years like many others at home. . .

First there was IBS from NJ. . .5 static ips, sdsl 384k. . .but never
used more than one ip, since i was working all the time (at work) and
went through a period in the dotcom era when i didn't even have an
operational computer at home. . .I doubt I'm unique for that time. . .I
lived at work, and sometimes slept at home.  My firm at the time had
brought IBS public. . .

IBS sold its dialup accounts to Earthlink, and dropped its dsl. . .So I
attempted to do Earthlink.  I think that's around 2000.  Verizon told
Earthlink I'm too far from the co, which is ironic, since in my younger
days I could probably hit the co with a rock.

Next day I got a dsl sales call from Verizon. . .and have been a
miserable adsl basic package customer ever since.  For the first few
years, my line was down at least 3 weeks each year.  Infamously bad
copper in my neighborhood.

No major problems for the past year. . .but now I also have the local
foreman's cell phone number.  <g>

I may look at Cyberonic. . .which does 1.6 down and 768k up with a
static ip for $39 a mo. . .$10 more I think for 5 more static ips.

Bad service on the phone, I've heard, but generally no problems.

Then again, I may stick to my mindnumming Verizon as well.