[nycbug-talk] Re: new NYCBUG www site. . .

marco at metm.org marco
Sat Jul 17 01:39:41 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:13:12AM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> I really have to agree with Bob I's comment about fixed width, all
> dimensions should be relative (cf css em, ex or %), not based on px.

Very, very few dimensions should be relative.  The only dimension which
works across all the broken versions of IE is px.

I for one hate reading sites where the lines are extremely long, there
have been many studies which show that long lines are much harder to
read.  Implementing true columns (like a newpaper) is difficult.

There has to be some tweaking of the style sheets to make everything
look right, but all in all the design of the new site looks good.

--
Marco