Non-MMU CPs (was: Re: [nycbug-talk] TinyBSD)

Louis Bertrand louis
Tue Jul 20 23:35:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> umm, what is wrong with netbsd?  It is designed to be embedded,
> among other things.

One of the things that always puzzled me about embedded *nix
of any description, is how does it play with really small
CPU architectures that don't have a proper hardware MMU.
I'm thinking more along the lines of 16-bit microcontrollers,
rather than, let's say, embedded 80386 chips.

Does NetBSD handle that gracefully?

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis at bertrandtech dot ca>