[nycbug-talk] Python SIG; NYPHP Meeting this Tuesday

Bob Ippolito bob
Mon Jul 26 22:28:47 EDT 2004

On Jul 26, 2004, at 8:48 AM, Louis Bertrand wrote:

>> shown

>> at
>>>
>>> Is this SIG focused on Python in the context of the LAMP stack,
>>> Python
>>> in the context of web applications in general (the most interesting
>> web
>>> frameworks for Python are missing at least the "A", but quite
>>> possibly
>>> the "M" as well), or just anything Python?
>>
>> Anything Python...
>>
> One interpretation of LAMP is Linux-Apache-Middleware-PostgreSQL
> Python easily belongs in the middleware category.

Even still, Apache isn't always very useful in the context of Python
development because many of the web frameworks do the whole protocol
stack, which gives you a whole hell of a lot more flexibility.
ProxyPass from Apache to Python is still common, because many people
have Apache responsible for port 80.. but beyond that, it really just
gets in the way.

-bob