[nycbug-talk] Datacenter Question

Jesse Callaway jesse
Tue Jul 27 12:18:34 EDT 2004

make sure to ask some hard hitting questions in the area of The Big
Blackout etc. Ask how many kilowatt hours they have of backup juice. If
they can't say, they didn't buy anything.... it's just building power.
Ask if you can see their bandwidth stats from their ISPsesses website.
ask to look under the floor to see if the cabling sucks
ask to look at the modems, muxes or whatever where their feeds come in.
Ie, if they say they have 8 redundant connections to teir-1 backbones,
then take a look. There needs to be at least 8 pieces of equipment
going to 8 lines.

If anything is impressive it's expensive. Go for people who know what
they are doing, not a white room.