[nycbug-talk] Datacenter Question

Mikel King mikel.king
Tue Jul 27 19:44:00 EDT 2004

Hi Megan,

   I can pretty much afirm that the top providers are all basically equal. They ALL pack the same risks and no one is beyond cahpter 11/7. I have toured Globix, MFN, Level 3, Quest, and Verio over the past several years. Most of the top notch colo's are actually in 111 8th ave. This is a massive facility stretches from 8th ave to 10th. The building has enough backup genset power to light a small city, and most of the providers have their own battery backups as well.

    I spent a lot of time in the military working in different datacenters and  MFN's setup rivals most of what I've experiened while in the service.

    I could say more but it's hard to type on the phone...if you have any more questions email me tomorrow...

Cheers,
mikel