[nycbug-talk] ports [was re: BSD on a desktop]

Charles Sprickman spork
Sat Jul 31 23:15:47 EDT 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004, Marc Spitzer wrote:

> It is a nice tool, that I use.  But with that said NetBSD pkgsrc tools
> provide most/all the added functionality of portupgrade.  And it works
> on Solaris(among others) also, quit well I must say.  I am using it for
> package management at work, netbsd on PC's and Sun/Solaris.

Hey, all us BSDers should get together and talk about the differences
amongst the various BSDs.   Oh wait, we are... :)

If my SparcStation 2 still boots I'll give NetBSD a spin on that.  pkgsrc
sounds fun.

Charles