[nycbug-talk] Ldap -> mac environment

Marco Scoffier marco
Thu Jun 3 20:19:26 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 05:25:00PM -0400, Mikel King wrote:
> Marco,
>
>   I recall a project add on for Mozilla that was to access MySql...I
>   am unfortunately not able to pull up my notes on this right now but
>   I will get back to you later tonite. I also remember that the
>   project might have been convrted to an ADO so the any supported db
>   could be accessed...obviously all of this is mute if you are not
>   upto learning xul...but (I know I'm rambling) the was yet another
>   project to bind php as well as another for python scripting directly
>   into M.

Thanks Mikel,

I've been thinking of attacking the xul.  As I said I think having a
button in the mailclient would be a much more attractive solution than
suggesting they cut and paste into a web-app.

I am already planning another migration of the FileMakerPro contacts
database which was out of sync with the Mozilla addressbook.  My plan
was to put the address book into ldap (which didn't work like I
expected) and then evaluate whether SQL or ldap was a better
replacement.  I already got the FilemakerPro stuff into a format similar
to the Mozilla AddressBook, but the client issues with ldap are
worrisome.

I am certainly interested in any XUL work in the contacts database area.
For lack of time, I have not yet gone on an extensive search through the
mozilla extensions.

--
Marco