[nycbug-talk] Friday night Directions

'Marco Scoffier' marco
Thu Jun 10 09:50:32 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 08:48:33AM -0400, G. Rosamond wrote:
> Don't make it based on me.. .but yes, i'm on again.
>
> That's if *it's* still on.

George,

Didn't mean to make it or not based on you.
But as much as I imagine you would like help delegating this...
you are the heart of nycbug ;)

Rather than ping-pong things around, I'm going to say, I'll be home
tommorrow night with beers and some plan for getting food.  Installing
or tweaking FreeBSD on my recently acquired VALinux server.  Anyone who
wants to drop by is welcome to do so, and welcome to bring a box for an
install or just chill.

I have DSL.
  1 4 port router.
  1 extra monitor.
  1-2 powerstrips.
  Some extra ethernet cables.
  Large table and large loft.
  Ample parking on the street (this is Brooklyn unless there is a large
  party at the club down the street, you should be able to park on
  my street, otherwise pretty close by)

  You should probably bring your own power-cords.
  Bring your install disks though we can burn more if need be.
  And if you can a monitor (sorry)

My address:

  35 Claver Pl. Buzzer no. 8
  Brooklyn NY 11238
  718 638 7726 (don't hesitate to call if you are lost)

Directions:  By train.

  Take the 'C' train to Franklin Ave.  Head of train.  Only one exit
  from station. Take left out of station (along Fulton back towards
  downtown Brooklyn).  First right Claver Pl. (There is a laundry place
  with big purple taj-mahal-like spires).  3rd building on right.  no.35
  Big red door well lit.  Buzzer #8 or give me a call to come down
  718 638 7726.

By Car from Manhattan:

  Take either the Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridge to Flatbush Ave.  (if you
  are a brooklyn newbie take the manhattan it dumps you straight into
  Flatbush).  Take a left on Fulton. (about 4-5 lights you just passed
  an Applebees on your left and Juniors Diner on the right).  You turn
  in front of a Popeyes (yes you are entering the land of numerous
  fried chicken places).  Stay straight on Fulton for 10-12 lights.
  You will cross Classon Ave. and take the next left. Claver Pl. no
  light.  no stop.  small street.  Black awning 'Futa Fabrics' marks
  left corner of intersection.  3rd building on right.  no.35 ,  Big red
  door well lit.  Buzzer #8 or give me a call to come down 718 638 7726.

By car from Verrezano:

  Is more complicated.  I haven't done it in a while.  Best is that you
  aim at Prospect Park.  Come up the east side.  And you can turn off
  onto Classon.  which can lead you to Fulton. Take a right.  1st left
  is Claver.  Ask me about this if you want to do it, but I'll have to
  look at a map.

By Car or bike from Williamsburg or from  BQE:

  I would take Wythe Ave or the Wythe Ave exit of the BQE (one south of
  Williamsburg Bridge).  Go south on Wythe.  Wythe turns into Franklin.
  When you reach Fulton, make a right (there is an overpass for the
  subway station).  First right is Claver Pl.  3rd building on right.

--
Marco