[nycbug-talk] ancient protocals

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Jun 16 17:48:24 EDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Pete Wright wrote:
> how about homing pigeons carrying tcp/ip packets printed on paper ;)

hrm, I don't see this in any online OSI docs- but I'd assume the
following,

Physical Layer (1)
Homing Pigeons (and carrying apparatus)

Data Link Layer (2)
Paper

Network Layer (3)
IP, (or physical location coordinate mapping from birdbrain,
[literally])

Transport Layer (4)
TCP (or PTP, 'piegons trusting people' who they know)

Session Layer (6)
Usually ports, but I guess Piegon cage # would suffice.

Application Layer (7)
Human manual read of the packet

--
Hrm... perhaps some sort of emergency network could be put in place for
nycbug folks?  PGP key-signing for this emerging Piegonnet at next

Rocket-
.ike