[nycbug-talk] Economist article. . .

marco at metm.org marco
Thu Jun 24 09:27:16 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:29:37AM -0400, G. Rosamond wrote:
> if anyone has a subscription to the Economist, it would be great to
> read this article. ..

I have this edition in print.  The Economist seems to have fallen in
love with the term 'Open Source'.  It is used more often than I have
ever seen in a general publication, usually coniciding with the phrase,

  'Linux is the most well known example of Open Source ...'

The Dennis Ritchie article you mention makes it seem like the BSD's are
a thing of the 80's.  One does not get the idea that BSDs are
available today. eg.

  'Linux is also the true heir of the Unix tradition in the sense that
  its development process is collaborative.'

Letter to the editor?

--
Marco