[nycbug-talk] Protecting a CD

marco at metm.org marco
Fri Jun 25 12:39:10 EDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:27:02PM -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:
> Another is since TMTOWTDI with regard to HTML/XML, you can really get
> away with a lot.  Meaningless tags, whitespace, &codes;, etc.

When the watermarking is actually in the content, as in the example I
provided, it is impossible to strip with a pdf2html type application.
Delivery in any format would require human work to remove the misspelled
'watermarks', and if you are publishing in multiple formats, again the
same watermarks remain.

I was always intrigued by this example which is why I mentioned it.

--
Marco