[nycbug-talk] SNMP for knowledgable newcomers

Isaac Levy ike
Mon Jun 28 18:32:41 EDT 2004

On Jun 28, 2004, at 6:28 PM, Jesse Callaway wrote:

>>> Can anyone toss me some URL bones?
>>>

>> /net/net-snmp
>> make install
>>
>> good start. . .

just the jump off I was looking for- I can happily read the man pages,
thanks.

>> that booked we both picked up at lesmuug is very useful . .

Dig- but the beginning SNMP section is not clicking- perhaps I just
have too much on the brain today...

> grab 'snmpwalk' and use 'public' as the community string on almost
> anyone's router (your NAT box?) and you'll have something to work with

hrm...  ok- snmpwalk sounds like a friendly tool somehow...  making a
small adventure this evening...

Rocket-
.ike