[nycbug-talk] current FreeBSD Advocacy thread

Ray ray
Mon Mar 8 19:48:43 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 10:13:32AM -0500, Pete Wright wrote:
> <rant>not to start a religious war, but i really can't stand the Win2k,
> XP etc. installers.  I see no reason why i should have reboot about 4
> times to get a basic desktop system, then have to reboot another 4-6
> times to just get the thing OK to run on a network.</rant>

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  In my experience, booting
a Windows 2000 CD and installing from there requires one reboot,
at the end of the installation.  After rebooting, DHCP is already
set up.  Of course, I'm just talking about the installation from
the viewpoint of a newbie.  The base Windows 2000 installation is
simply a security hazard.

-Ray-