[nycbug-talk] Linux Mag on BSD

michael lists
Tue Mar 9 07:52:04 EST 2004

Well done, Linux-Mag:

"Sometimes, we get a little full of ourselves in the Linux community. We
portray ourselves as the elder statesmen, the users of the oldest open
source operating system around. Except, of course, we're not. The oldest
open source operating systems are the Berkeley Software Distribution
(BSD) operating systems, including FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, the
commercial BSD/OS, and Apple's BSD-based MacOS X.

What's so great about BSD? Plenty. The old daemon might even teach the
penguin a thing or two. Read on, neophytes. "

Open Source OS
The Berkeley Software Distribution operating systems have much to offer
by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols

http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-12/bsd_01.html

--
---