[nycbug-talk] trying to install freeBSD on Ultra 10

Trish Lynch trish
Tue Mar 23 22:47:57 EST 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Jay wrote:

> Hello
> I'm trying to boot froma FreeBSD cdrom ISO on a Sun
> Ultra 10 and I'm having trouble with it.
> I have read everywhere that I need to send a break or
> STOP-A so that I can boot from the cdrom, but it don't
> work for me. I'm using Teraterm and a console cable
> because I don't have a Sun monitor or keyboard. If you
> havn't guessed yet I'm a nix newbie. Can anyone offer
> some assistance?
>
> jrod212 at yahoo.com

never used teraterm, I use securecrt for console, but you can try any
number of things, sometimes the terminal program has a menu option for
"send break" or shift-pause or alt-pause may work sometimes. Its different
for each terminal program.

On a lighter note though, I run FreeBSD on an ultra 10 at work, and an
E250 at home (its my primary mail server) and it works really well.

-Trish

Trish Lynch					   trish at bsdunix.net
Ecartis Core Team 			      trish at listmistress.org
EFNet IRC Operator/SysAdmin @ irc.dkom.at             AilleCat at EFNet
Key fingerprint = 781D 2B47 AA4B FC88 B919  0CD6 26B2 1D62 6FC1 FF16