[nycbug-talk] Internet billing

lists at natserv.com lists
Wed Mar 31 18:12:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Hans Zaunere wrote:

> If you're really doing e-commerce, you'll want a merchant account with a
> gateway backend (like authorize.net).  This is what I'm setting up now.
> It gives you total control, instant access to the money, but has much
> more complexity, and is harder to get (there's an approval process, bank
> accounts, etc).

 If you are a startup it may be difficult to go that route.
 I once tried and got my applications denied twice. After that I basically
 decided, at that time, that I had so little to bill online that I would
 just ask people for checks. :-)

 I think the merchant account route may work for an established company
 with a track record and some stable monthly volume.

ps sorry for resend.. sent with id not subscribed to list before..