[nycbug-talk] How was the meeting?

G. Rosamond George
Thu May 6 17:20:41 EDT 2004

A wise person once said. . . Paul Cui
> On Thursday 06 May 2004 04:18 pm, Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> I couldn't make it to the meeting 5-5 and I REALLY, REALLY wanted to
>> go since I am now consulting full time to hear more on this topic.
>>
>> Anyone care to comment on the meeting?
>
> In my opinion, it's the best meeting we had so far. I learned quite a
> few  things, it's hard to tell you everything that Wes and everyone
> else talked  about. I think your best bet is to wait for the video to
> come online :)
>
> btw. Wes, I saw you had some notes that you were looking at during the
> meeting, do you want to share it with us.. thanks.

Quantitatively, it was the smallest meeting, with about 35 different
people.  Qualitatively, I agree that the presentations and discussions
were among the best.
I expected the meeting to be smaller than the usual 45 people or so, as
it's a relatively narrow topic not pertaining to everyone.
Nevertheless, the discussion was brilliant. . .I learned an enormous amount.

I think it would be great if Wes put up his notes, and hopefully Ike will
be getting up the video of last night and the other meetings.
A meeting topic that hit me after last night, particularly since Marc
didn't get a full chance to do his spiel, is on ports and packages.  One
speaker reviews ports, portupgrade, pkg_src, etc.  Then we have three
speakers cover some areas with a couple of ports highlighting. . .say
development, network management and www.
And maybe a latter meeting about desktop related ports.

Thoughts?