[nycbug-talk] upcoming meeting topics. . .

G. Rosamond george
Thu May 6 20:42:07 EDT 2004

Please provide some comments for the meeting topics listed below.  And
make suggestions for others.

Using the Ports
One part could be on using the ports system, portupgrade, pkg_src, etc.
Then additional parts where a few people highlight some useful ports
individually that are maybe less known.  Speakers: Marc Spitzer and a
couple of other people.  Or maybe we could just have an ssh session
where people just get up and show their favorite port for 10 minutes.

Simon Lok on Wireless Hacking
We could schedule him for August.  He's a brilliant speaker who I saw at
a NYLUG meeting a few years back, and his firm is an OpenBSD shop.

Hans Zaunere on BAMP (BSD, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
Our very own Hans. . .

Trish will be speaking on some topic for July 7th.  He's getting me
details.

Additionally, I don't know when, we'll be having Robert Watson of
TrustedBSD and Michael Lucas of, uh, you know, everything.  Hopefully,
Dru Lavigne will also be in the city at some point.   Plus we'd love to
have Wasabi at some point, but we've had inconsistent communications.
BSDCan should be a great opportunity to get some additional speakers.