[nycbug-talk] Intel Fab

Isaac Levy ike
Fri May 7 16:38:02 EDT 2004

Wordup All,

On May 7, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>> Intel Labs' Natural Born Killer Technologies
>> By Rob Enderle
>> May 6, 2004
>>
>> Virtual Machine PowerPC Killer.
>
> That article makes NO SENSE whatsoever!  The Intel PR flunkie who
> wrote it for him must've been high.
>
> -bob

I'm gonna have to say I agree with that sentiment- insomuch as I read
the article, sober as can be, and chalk it up to the usual
market-bashing of ppc and Apple in general, seeing as in the same
article they mention an 'iPod Killer'.

Here's the crux of what continues to make me grin- for the last 20
years, the business heads on wall st. haven't been able to do anything
but try to 'kill' apple products, while Apple (and others) continue to
simply focus on innovation. (innovation here is arguable, I know, but I
don't want to argue that).  So, I don't really care if the PPC (up
through the G4 era) is now being truly threatened- more fun stuff is on
the table...

- My .02?

More interesting read IMHO, (with regard to IBM's recent 'power'
platform architecture):
http://arstechnica.com/news/posts/1080794898.html

Rocket-
.ike