[nycbug-talk] Troubleshooting CVSup.

Francisco Reyes lists
Sat May 8 09:46:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 8 May 2004, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> The way I found something was wrong was that my UPDATING file was from Oct
> 2003.

Strange...
>From /usr/src I did
find . -exec ls -lT {} \; | grep 2004 | grep May

And I see a number of files from May 2004 so it seems my update may be
working. However I don't understand why my UPDATING file is from October.

Looking around I see my file is revision 1.73.2.90 and on the web
interface for CVS at the FreeBSD site the latest RELENG_4 for that file is
Oct 2003, yet I see updates for 4_9 and 4_10.

Doing a refresher course for myself I see at the docs

*******
RELENG_4
The line of development for FreeBSD-4.X, also known as FreeBSD-STABLE.
RELENG_4_10

The release branch for FreeBSD-4.10, used only for security advisories and
other critical fixes.
RELENG_4_9

The release branch for FreeBSD-4.9, used only for security advisories and
other critical fixes.
*******

So shouldn't RELENG_4 have a more up to date UPDATING file than 4_9 and
4_10?