[nycbug-talk] mini-ITX

G.Rosamond george
Sat May 8 10:37:39 EDT 2004

On May 8, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:
>
>> i picked up a mini-ITX (www.casetronic.com) recently, and was planning
>> to build a bsd box of one variant or another. . .
>

> Which one did you pick? 134?

Yup. . .

>> have tried net, free and open, but there's issues with the Via
>> ethernet
>> (vr0).
>
> What was the end result. It's been almost a month and a half so figure
> you
> probabl already decided on which OS to put on it for good.. Which one
> did
> you go with?

Well, I tried Net, Free, Open and then even WinXP, but the motherboard
nic didn't work.  Same with some of the usb ports.

Left it with the vendor (GCS) to update bios since they have a usb
floppy and i don't.  Still waiting on them for it.

Have a decent USB 1.1 NIC that works well. . .it was only $20 or so.

Will keep all informed. . .once the nic/usb issues are cleared up, the
struggle with be with the CastleRock graphics card versus XFree. . .