[nycbug-talk] sun ultra 10 console question

mlists at bizintegrators.com mlists
Mon May 10 12:03:38 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:14:53AM -0400, Jeronimo Romero wrote:

> OK. So I borrowed a sun ultra 10 workstation. Installed bsd on it
> without a problem through serial console but I noticed someting
> interesting and I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.
> When I first got it and started playing with it I noticed that the
> system console displayed the console with extremely oversized fonts.
> Everything at the console seemed extremely blown up. First I thought it
> was the openboot firmware. So i went into the firmware and configured
> the rows and columns to be 34x80. reset the machine ... didn't work.
> then i reset openboot to factory defaults. then i changed my vga output
> to another monitor. nothing changed. anybody know why the system console
> could be displaying such a disproportionately large system console.

Not sure which BSD you installed, but look into your console
documentation, it would probably be wscons on OpenBSD and NetBSD, and
syscons on FreeBSD. You should be able to change the resolution there
somewhere. Just a guess..

-bruno