[nycbug-talk] OS X wireless sniffers and more. . .

G.Rosamond george
Tue May 11 19:20:42 EDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 7:08 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 07:01 pm, you wrote:
>
>>> 777 is never a good idea, I'd be surprised if 660 didn't work for
>>> you.
>>
>> You'd have to add yourself to the wheel group then.
>
> Erm, I think G would know exactly what 660 means one must do ... hence
> why I
> didn't bother with the group issue.

Yes. . ..the first thing i did when i bought my ibook was enable root,
then put my login in the wheel group. . .and installed x11. . .of
course. . .

This is my first apple or os x hardware for my use, but i have to say,
i don't like that things run out of /opt/local/bin. . .blah.

Lots of things to note.. .I'll be writing something up for Daemon News
on this. . .

BTW, the new DN EZine has a review i did of the new OBSD/pf book. . .

Everyone should consider writing something for DN. . .lots of these
discussions we have are relevant for DN readers.