[nycbug-talk] network protocols: lab time?

G.Rosamond george
Tue May 11 19:26:47 EDT 2004

On May 11, 2004, at 7:19 PM, Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 11, 2004, at 7:11 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 07:06 pm, you wrote:
>>
>>> CIFS and SMB aren't really worth talking about separately..
>>
>> I believe their implementations are not the same, or so it appears in
>> the
>> linux kernel because each has their own kernel module from the samba
>> guys
>>
>> hence why it should be tested seperately
>
> We were talking about OS X, on the NYC BSD Users Group mailing list.
> I'm not sure what the implementation details of the Linux kernel has
> to do with that ;)
>
> -bob

The next time we'll compare OSs and protocols. . like that one that has
a kernel developed separately from the rest of the os, separate from
the packages it runs, versus the BSDs.

;-)

Maybe with firewalling. . .ipchains/tables/netchains versus fbsd ipfw
and obsd pf.