[nycbug-talk] network protocols: lab time?

Pete Wright pete
Wed May 12 10:37:16 EDT 2004

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 11, 2004, at 7:11 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 11 May 2004 07:06 pm, you wrote:
>>
>>> CIFS and SMB aren't really worth talking about separately..
>>

>> I believe their implementations are not the same, or so it appears in
>> the
>> linux kernel because each has their own kernel module from the samba
>> guys
>>
>> hence why it should be tested seperately
>

> We were talking about OS X, on the NYC BSD Users Group mailing list.
> I'm not sure what the implementation details of the Linux kernel has
> to do with that ;)

why should we limit the test to just Mac/OS X tho?  Maybe for the
initial testing it would be helpful to establish a base line using
Mac/OS X, but in the furture i'd think the differences between a FreeBSD
box serving NFSv3 versus a FreeBSD box server netatalk could be more
interesting(and cheaper for us to test ;^).  I still think we should
target a OS X client tho...

-p

--
~~~oO00Oo~~~