[nycbug-talk] webup

G.Rosamond george
Wed May 12 15:41:58 EDT 2004

On May 12, 2004, at 1:18 PM, michael wrote:

> I'm half way through a writing a script to periodically check whether
> my
> web servers are responding to http and serving pages, when...
>
> 1. Somebody must have been here before, I'll check the web
> 2. Marc showed me to search ports!
> 3. I could just pay a service hundreds of dollars a month for this
>
> OK, the last one was a joke... true, but a joke... I didn't find
> anything, so I'll finish my script.  Besides, now I get to choose what
> cool features I want <grin>.
>
> Has anybody heard of anything like this?
> Michael

What exactly are you checking with the web traffic?

Could you be more specific?  pings, etc. .

and a more primitive way to search the ports that Marc mentioned,
besides

/usr/port$ make search name=<port>

is to bring up the text file of the port listings, and do a ctl-f in
your browser. . .

(maybe that's what you *are* referring to)

Also bsdsearch.com and then of course our very own Dan's freshports.