[nycbug-talk] lists...was Lab environment

Pete Wright pete
Fri May 21 11:10:13 EDT 2004

Sunny Dubey wrote:

>I think the purpose of such a public mailing list is to develop discussion
>and a community.  Therefore the more lively traffic this list gets only
>helps attain that goal.  I haven't been on nycbug-talk for too long, and
>yet I've already had posts in which the person simply hit reply to me, but
>not to the list.  And this is no good, because what the person replied to
>me with might have been great interest or the spark plug for another
>interesting thread.

there was a pretty good thread regarding netiquite early on.  for me
it's all 6 of one, half a dozen of the other(technically speaking).  i
would search the archives, around the feb time frame, to see what was
discussed.  i tend to agree with Dan tho, all of my BSD lists and most
of my other lists adhere to this behaviour.  maybe it's just another
emacs v. vi flame fest.

-p

--
~~~oO00Oo~~~