[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 3.5 install on IBM Thinkpad 360X

G.Rosamond george
Sat May 22 12:28:19 EDT 2004

On May 22, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Josh McCormack wrote:

> Anyone have any experience installing any OS to an IBM Thinkpad 360X?
> It has no CD-ROM, and an external floppy. When I tried using the
> OpenBSD 3.5 laptop floppy boot disk I got this:

> ERR R

note: pbr is partition boot record.

 From the OpenBSD FAQ:

As the PBR is very small, its range of error messages is pretty
limited, and somewhat cryptic. Most likely messages are:

     * ERR R -- BIOS returned an error when trying to read a block from
the disk. Usually means exactly what it says: your disk wasn't
readable.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html