[nycbug-talk] OpenBSD 3.5 install on IBM Thinkpad 360X

G.Rosamond george
Sat May 22 12:37:15 EDT 2004

On May 22, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Josh McCormack wrote:

> Anyone have any experience installing any OS to an IBM Thinkpad 360X?
> It has no CD-ROM, and an external floppy. When I tried using the
> OpenBSD 3.5 laptop floppy boot disk I got this:

> ERR R
>
> Josh

Let me be more helpful Josh.

This happens while it's reading from the floppy?

1.  make sure you're using a decent floppy.  I had a box of 50 compusa
floppies a while back, and none of them were good.

2.  do a low level format of the floppy on a UNIX box.  This will
reveal the errors that won't show up during a Win32 format.