[nycbug-talk] freebsd 5.1 installation

Bob Butcher rwbutcher
Sat May 22 19:58:31 EDT 2004

Hi,
   I've been trying to install freebsd 5.1 from the
CD. The installation seems to have gone pretty
smoothly. My problem is when I log in and launch KDE
the screen is too big for the monitor. I'm using an
20" CRT Apple Studio Display. The icons for trash,
home, and the mouse pointer are huge and I can't see
80% of the screen. I have a little ability to drag the
screen left and right but not very far down towards
the bottom. I think the adjustments I need to make are
in the Control Center (is that correct?). However when
I launch the Control Center I can see only a fraction
of the screen and can't get to the bottom of the page
where I could accept, or apply changes or even see
what changes I should be making.
    I'd be happy to google for an answer or use the
man pages but I'm not sure what exactly I should be
asking for.
    all the best,
Bob Butcher