[nycbug-talk] eurobsdcon

Dru dlavigne6
Sun May 23 20:00:08 EDT 2004

Hello list members :-)

I've been invited to give a non-technical talk aimed at users at this
year's EuroBSDCon (www.eurobsdcon2004.de). I'll probably end up being the
only talk which isn't delivered by a developer aimed at (primarily)
developers.

I'm thinking of something along the lines of "but I'm not a programmer,
how can I contribute to open source?" Does anyone have any suggestions on
what they'd like to see in such a presentation? So far I've come up with:

-finding an open source OS or project you're passionate about

-using send-pr or particular project's bug reporting system

-becoming a beta tester (e.g. playing with current on a spare system)

-contributing documentation, tutorials, reviews

-growing where you're planted (installing and showing off open source
 software at your place of work/school

-joining/starting user groups

-volunteering at local high school, senior citizens residence, etc.

-attending installfests (e.g. BSD booth at "Linux" installfest)

What other ideas have you guys seen, done, or heard of? Which URLs are
worth mentioning? Or is this talk even worth doing?

Dru