[nycbug-talk] eurobsdcon

Hans Zaunere hans
Sun May 23 21:13:58 EDT 2004

I think it'd certainly be worth doing.  Depending on how non-technical
you want to get, there's often an overlooked aspect of open source.

Just like any project (whether it be software or not) there are
mangerial and organizational issues that are often overlooked.
Programmers are good at programming, but typically not organizing.

I think there could be much more open source success (especially for the
smaller projects) if non-technicals could feel welcome and knowing how
they can participate.  This is why I think this talk has a lot of value.
Think project management, marketing (a term I use loosely), financial
considerations, legal considerations, etc.  This brings in people with
little or no skill technically, but that offer skills most tech-savvies
don't have.  The merge of these skills, however, truely makes success.