[nycbug-talk] Help!!! (server problems...)

Kit Halsted kit
Mon May 24 10:21:41 EDT 2004

Hey, NYCBUG folks:

I'm having some problems with one of my servers & I'm running out of
ideas on how to fix it. It's an Athlon 1.8GHz box running OpenBSD 3.3
& it crashes every few days. Lately, it doesn't want to come back up.
Nothing in the logs & it doesn't seem to be crashing under load, just
losing power once in a while for no apparent reason. It was happening
around 6:30-7:00 AM at first, but it died some time after 6:00 PM &
before 1:30 AM yesterday. Nothing in the logs seems to point to
hardware, losing power seems to point to the power supply, but it's
still happening with a brand new 480W Antec PS...

Basically, all I can think to do is replace the motherboard at this
point. I'm wondering:

1. if anyone can think of anything else that might be responsible for
these problems &

2. if anybody can suggest a good place in the city to pick up a new
Socket-A mobo.

Thanks,
-Kit