[nycbug-talk] Perl classes

Bob Ippolito bob
Wed May 26 13:52:22 EDT 2004

On May 26, 2004, at 1:46 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 May 2004 12:51 pm, robert at packetpolice.com wrote:
>> My company has agreed to pop for Perl training. Woo-hoo! Can anyone
>> recommend classes in the evening in the city?
>
> spend the money on some OReilly perl books ... join the billions of
> perl
> mailing lists, IRC channels, and new groups ... it sure beats going to
> some
> over-priced classes

Well you more or less need the books whether or not you take the class.
  It's not his money, and I doubt they're going to pay him extra to
learn Perl on his own.  He should take the class.  The only thing
better than a class is having someone tutor/mentor him personally.. a
perl guru on-site is probably more expensive than a class.

-bob