[nycbug-talk] silly snarf tricks

Kevin Reiter bsd
Thu May 27 00:14:56 EDT 2004

> > hey who said messing with web devs was not a practicle use ;)
> > seriously tho, i would imagine that this was developed to help get
> > past buggy sites that only allow IE/NT to access files.  do you think
> > it would allow you grab files from windows update?  prolly not tho b/c
> > of all the ActiveX scripts etc...

Actually, all the Winblows Update files are on their public FTP server - you
just have to know which filenames they are to grab them.  I think there's a
database somewhere (that's also public) that lists the filename with the KB#
and soforth, so if you knew which ones you needed, no prob.

...then again, FTP isn't HTTP...

-just my half a nickel...

-Kevin

---------
Yes, I know, I'm writing this from MSOE.  Once someone ports LinkSys PCMCIA
wireless 54G drivers for Linux/FreeBSD, please let me know.
---------