[nycbug-talk] Suns available for the taking

Paul Dlug paul
Wed Nov 3 12:28:53 EST 2004

Since there was some talk on the list the other day about running
FreeBSD on sparc:

I have two Sun E450's available if anyone wants them, completely free
of charge. One of them is an older E450 with a single 250mhz processor,
the other is dual 400mhz, both have a bunch of disks in them of
assorted sizes, the each have at least a gig of memory in them as well.
The only caveat is that you'd have to pick them up from our office in
Ridge, NY (Exit 68 on the LIE). Due to their size and weight we're not
willing to ship them. For anyone willing to make the trip out I'll also
throw whatever spare processors and memory we have for them and a
couple 3Com 24 port 10/100 switches.

Please let me know if you're interested or if  you have any questions.

Thanks,
Paul Dlug
Systems Administration Supervisor
American Physical Society