[nycbug-talk] off-topic | e-voting cracked?

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Nov 4 15:59:19 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm sorry to stray off-topic here, and would ask that this thread be
short and off-list, but I felt this post was noteworthy as many of us
in the BSD world work in network security, and didn't want anyone to
miss what could ostensibly be the most significant network attack in
history to date.

At this point, BlackBoxVoting.com has requested US Presidental Voting
Poll results from over 3,000 US counties under the US Freedom of
Information Act.

Today, it seems as though there is some breaking news with regard to
some computer attacks on central systems which tabulated the votes for
key states in this US Presidental election:

http://www.blackboxvoting.org/#breaking

--
I am not implying any side as the attacker, nor am I implying the
election outcome would have been different, just that this is big and

With that, I'll keep further news off-list, (as I sit here wishing the
voting machines were built Open Source from the get-go...).

Best,
.ike