[nycbug-talk] obsd mirrors

Pete Wright pete
Fri Nov 5 21:46:26 EST 2004

G. Rosamond wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:42 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:
>
>> On Friday 05 November 2004 19:31, G. Rosamond wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else notice a problem with the OBSD ftp mirrors?
>>>
>>> Still waiting for my cd for 3.6 to get here. . .
>>>
>>> I can get to the master site, but none of the east coast ones,
>>> including Brandon's ftp.crimelabs.net.
>>>
>>> I'm on the Purdue mirror finally, but something like ten others didn't
>>> work, couldn't ping, nothing.
>>

>> you tried ftp://openbsd.mirrors.pair.com ??
>>
>> *.mirrors.pair.com rocks
>

> Yup. . .for some reason *every* mirror is complete crap tonight,
> including Pair's mirror. . . Only the master site is giving me
> anything. . .I usually use CrimeLabs.net, but they're no better.
>
> I don't know how, but after I built my Soekris kernel, my kernel went,
> even though I didn't overwrite my boxes kernel.  I think it might have
> been the hdd flaking out. . .it may not have been seated right.
>
> So now I need to rebuilld.

on freeebsd-questions yesterday i think a guy posted this link:

http://www.eng.ufl.edu/bobj/FreeBSD-5_3_RC2.torrent
<http://www.eng.ufl.edu/bobj/FreeBSD-5_3_RC2.torrent>

lead to a discussion about how 5.3-stable will be released officially as
a torrent.  i wounder if obsd has something similar "officially".

-pete

--
~~~oO00Oo~~~
Pete Wright