[nycbug-talk] Roll your own live CD

Dan Langille dan
Sun Nov 7 17:12:13 EST 2004

Since this is now a different subject, I've started a new thread.

On 7 Nov 2004 at 17:06, csnyder wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 19:41:46 -0500, Brown, James (Jim)
> <jbrown at thrupoint.net> wrote:
>
> > make your own -
> > - http://www.jtan.com/jtanoss/cdboot/steps.html
> > - http://www.blackant.net/other/docs/howto-bootable-cdrom-openbsd.php
>
> I, for one, would love to see a howto regarding FreeBSD live CD
> creation, especially one that discussed creating your own meta-ports.
>
> The idea would be to create a server CD that would boot and start
> sshd. Then you could log in and create whatever server you needed
> using meta-ports: an Apache-PHP webserver, a Postfix-Spamassassin mail
> gateway, a MySQL cluster node, etc etc.
>
> Has anyone here been down this road already?

Visit http://www.FreeSBIE.org/

It's in the ports.  sysutils/freesbie

AFAIK, it has all the tools to roll your own. Do as you will.

I've never tried it, but apparently, you can make your own CD based
on what they have.  All instructions provided.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/